Vintage Wood Cook Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deprayb

Found this Charm Crawford Royal wood cook stove in a friends basement. I guess it has been repainted but this was years ago and it has not been used in over 20 years.
Don't know much about these old stoves, did a search on here and didn't find much of anything. I'm wondering if anyone knows the dollar value of a stove like this.

This is the crawford stove that has the water tank attached to it too.

I've seen pictures of that stove with a part that comes above the stove and hangs over sort of. Not sure if he still has that. I'd be interested in restoring this piece if it was worth the time and money. Here's a couple pictures I snapped (sorry for the quality).

Attachments

• IMG00053-20110106-2017.jpg
    IMG00053-20110106-2017.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG00051-20110106-2016.jpg
    IMG00051-20110106-2016.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 566
The price of those old stoves can vary a lot but this one looks good, at least on the exterior.

That part you speak of is the warming oven. When it was too cold in the house our mother would take everything else out of that warming oven and put the bread dough in so it would rise. I found out it was a great place to keep gloves but mother somehow never agreed.

The whole thing was cleaned top to bottom before it went into storage so the interior looks good to my eyes but i'm going to contact an antique stove place and see what they have to say

Status
Not open for further replies.