Vinyl Siding Stains....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Feeling the Heat
Have some light brown stains creeping down the side of my 35' vinyl sided chimney. I'm sure its some stray creosote from the cap. Stove has been runnin like a champ, nice and hot, nothing but heat waves pouring out the chimney, except for some white smoke when reloading, just some steam. My question is, will the light brown stains permanently stain the vinyl siding??? Gonna power wash the house in the spring. I usually use bleach as a pretreatment before I power wash. The brown stains just look like hell on white vinyl siding. Any cleaning tips would help. Hopefully the powerwasher will take care of it in a few months.

I don't have brown goo but I do have white siding. I use TSP and bleach to remove black mold from it.

You have vinyl siding on your chimney? Is this a pre-fabricated fireplace and flue? You might have a really tough time getting those stains out, vinegar? bleach? WD-40 works on a lot of stuff, maybe CLR would do the trick. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.