Virginia Sales Tax Holiday Heads-up - Gennys, Saws, Accessories

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
This year for the first time the Virginia Sales Tax Holiday for storm preparation stuff includes chainsaws and supplies and accessories. Limit of $350 on saw price and $60 on accessories so you monster saw junkies won't benefit but still...

- Chainsaws
- Chains
- Bars
- Bar oil
- Chain sharpeners and files
- Bars
- Wrenches
- Cases and scabbards
- Chaps, gloves hearing protection etc.
- Saw repair parts

The tax holiday is from May 25 to May 31.

Also good on generators, inverters and inverter cords up to a thousand dollars.

In Oregon, every day's a State Sales Tax Holiday. :cool:

Reactions: splitoak
Same thing for new Hampshire, no sales tax 365 days a year

Every day I celebrate having finally extricated myself from Northern Virginia. Oregon makes up for it, I'm sure...but Fairfax County's $3.00/mo tax on everyone's cell phone bill back in about 2005 or so just fried my butt to no end. They project all this terrific income, and when it doesn't materialize, they sit around and try to think of things they haven't taxed yet. It's different out here, and I like it.

Come on back. But celebrate in small ways. Fairfax is trying to pass an ordinance limiting the maximum number of people that can come to your house at one time and how often.

Hell, I passed my own one of those...no help needed from Deschutes County.

Status
Not open for further replies.