Visit with Heaterman in Falmouth, MI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
My wife and I had the privilege meeting HM in his hometown to discuss Windhagers and see an install last week. We had a delightful time meeting HM's family and all the various businesses birthed by his grandfather and father. It was fascinating to see how each sibling carried on a segment of what the previous generations built after HM's dad's untimely death. After a tour of all the family enterprises we walked across the parking lot to have lunch at Duane's Restaurant to eat, visit, and discuss adding a pellet boiler to our system. If you ever visit Falmouth I highly recommend the roast beef sandwich covered in gravy at Duane's. We toured the triple BioWin install he posted back in November. Very impressive and the operator is very pleased.

It's a slow time of year but not too early to begin planning for next season. After a lot of years of gracious help to my DIY install, it was really great to meet HM, all his siblings, and one of his sons. He and his sons will be consulting on our system upgrade.

Hopefully posted is the conceptual schematic we sketched on the back of a Duane's paper place mate in keeping with engineering tradition!

Thanks HM, we both really enjoyed our visit and meeting your family.

Attachments

• Sketch from Duane's 5-14-15.pdf
    59.5 KB · Views: 186
BTW, HM and his son signed and dated the schematic.... just to keep it "official". Cheers

Last year at this time I was putting in my Biowin, with much thanks to Heaterman and many other people on hearth.com , as well as Marc, of course, who all really helped. The BioWin has been working great. I'll try to help too, within the limited scope of my knowledge. :)

Will the BioWin be in the barn along with bulk pellet and existing hot water storage? I will say the BioWin is pretty darn quiet and clean, if you want to save some BTUs from the underground piping, but I can see how bulk pellet delivery might be easier in a barn.

It was a mutual pleasure to meet I can assure you sir. Really enjoyed the company of you and the better half and we are most definitely looking forward to doing whatever it takes to get you ramped up with a Windhager. :)

You actually met both of my sons. Andrew was the young man talking with us in down in the hardware department while half the community walked past and said Hi. ;lol
Was kind of tough carrying on a conversation there...... Matthew had lunch with us at the restaurant.
Between bothers, my sister, various cousins, uncles and aunts, there was a lot of family flying around that place so it's tough to keep us all sorted out. There are several reasons dad named the place Ebels Family Center back in the day. ;)

Yeah, we met a bunch of Ebels and loved it. My wife really hit it off with your sister. What a charming small town. Bummed I can't remember Andrew's face.

Yes Velvet, as shown in the schematic, the BioWin will live on the right side of the storage tanks with the BioMass on the left in the boiler barn. Both boilers will feed/manage to a storage temp setpoint. So, when we burn wood, the BioWin will be on standby since the BioMass is maintaining water temp. The BioWin will have more than adequate capacity for our home and future outbuildings. We will always have downed trees to process on our property so the BioMass will use that "free" energy (when I have energy).

I was very impressed with the Windhager technology and product quality. I'm sure we'll be chatting Velvet.

Status
Not open for further replies.