vista flame 170

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
any one have feedback on this stove.i know jay has the enviro omega which i believe is the same stove and he raves about it.was wondering if anyone has the vf170 anh what you think of it

I think the 170 is the same as the Enviro Maxx, IIRC. The older Maxxs had problems with ash build up, but updates and changes in burn pot design have dealt away with that. Many happy Maxx owners out there. The Maxx-M (multi fuel) is like the Omega, because of the agitator in the burn pot. . . .

Corkman,
Just finished fourth year with my vf170. It is a great stove, produces lots of heat, can't say enough
good things about it. Would recommend stove highly.

how about the vf 55.just looked on the enviro web and looks like a clone of the m55 steel .55k btu,heats 2500 sqft and its a multi with an agitator.i tracked down a new one in a box for 1700.
or the quad cb 1200.the vf55 seem to have a lot more to offer and its $200 cheaper

Go with the VF 55. It has many more options than the Quad....

Status
Not open for further replies.