Vista Flame VF 100 FS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjoe1963

Nov 4, 2015
Nova scotia
Hello, I recently purchased a used vista flame 2008. when its running it will come out with a ringing sound it does not last long, about a minute or so, it may do this two or three times in 5 or 6 hrs of running, It willl make the noise even in shut down mode, so iam lead to believe its not the feed auger, anyone have this problem before, its not so much a big deal, I am just curious,being new to pellet stoves.

Could be the bearings room fan. I have an Enviro, pretty much the same burn engine. The room fan rings a little bit now and then, and that's not a good sign. Take out the fan and clean it real good, get the crud off the fins and blow the dust bunnies out of the case. There are 2 D-shaped oil ports on the fan, put 2 drops of oil into each port. Use the blue label 3-in-1 for electric motors. If the ringing goes away, think about saving up for a new fan.

Reactions: smokeyjoe1963
Could be the bearings room fan. I have an Enviro, pretty much the same burn engine. The room fan rings a little bit now and then, and that's not a good sign. Take out the fan and clean it real good, get the crud off the fins and blow the dust bunnies out of the case. There are 2 D-shaped oil ports on the fan, put 2 drops of oil into each port. Use the blue label 3-in-1 for electric motors. If the ringing goes away, think about saving up for a new fan.
Thanks are there any gaskets i will need to replace to put it back together,

Yes, you should have one on hand. Just search the web for "vistaflame convection gasket" and you''ll find plenty of vendors.

Reactions: smokeyjoe1963
Status
Not open for further replies.