vogelganz durango

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since no one else answered, thought I'd bump it up. A lot of variables. What and how big are you trying to heat? Chimney type, height. What made you decide on this?

Around here we have one hard and fast rule. If it is Zogelganz, nobody is to give it a second look. Very cheap stuff.

Vogelzang makes a line of EPA certified stoves that appear to be decent stoves for the money. Not one post on hearth.com has come from someone having a problem with one of them. Can't be said for many other stove makers.

The Durango should be a decent little heater. Their burn time estimates are a joke but it should do fine for a few hours of burning.

I have a durango and it is a great stove it heats my old 1200 sqft 2 story house. I got it because the sale at menards was around 600 bucks and i didn't have a lot of money at the time to buy a better stove. This stove is nothing like there cheap box stoves it is air tight and when burning there is very low to no emission very clean burning epa stove. I think they will have a better reputation with these new stoves. One thing i like the best is i can burn 26'' logs. I also get a 8-10hr burn time. one thing i hate about it is it is a little low to the ground.

I purchased the Vogelzang Performer about 6 weeks ago and am very happy with the way it performs. Have been using it for 3 to 4 weeks now. Am getting great secondary burns and 8 to 10 hr burn times also. It took a little time (about two weeks) to get the hang of an EPA stove, however, there is no doubt that it is much more efficient than my last Century stove that I had used for the last 18 years. I also purchased a newer Century wood burner that I installed in our camp that I built 10 years ago. Again, the Vogelzang blows that one away too. I live in an area that doesn't have a whole lot to offer when it comes to wood stoves, it's either drive to the big city of Green Bay, (where I purchased my last two) or take a short trip to Marquette. Got it from Menards for $700 delivered. I think Vogelzang may be getting a bum rap because of their past products. Lets face it, the Chinese didn't design this line themselves, they imported one of our designs, copied it piece by piece, placed another name on it and there you go. They do the same thing with tools, electronics, and many other things. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.