VOGELZANG ANY EXPERIENCE WELCOME

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Webmaster mentioned on the top of the discussion (2) about the similarity of Bullerjan with Free Flow stove I would appreciate for any replies from these owners of Free Flow stoves and ( God make a miracle :exclaim: )from these who know about the producers of Free Flows here in the US or Canada.

Not many people will be still running those stoves - but, if it is any help, that stove was loved by folks who were some of the biggest "stove nuts" at the time. It makes sense.....in a time when most stoves were square black boxes (here in the USA), that stove was a great convection stove (moved heat by heated air).

Did you see the ad for it?
https://www.hearth.com/gallery/pics/ads/source/freeflow.html

Jags said:
karl said:
Can you imagine what that would do with 8 little fans in it.

Fly around the room? ;-)

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing. Even better would be if those pipes actually passed thru the firebox. Holy crap. Not sure what that would do for the "proper" burn temps of epa stoves though.

Actually according to the website, a large part of the pipes are inside the firebox. From the way it looks like it's built, I'd expect about 3/4 of the pipe diameter to be in the box which would certainly give it the air heating power they claim (or if you were to run water through the pipes just think what a great OWB it would make :gulp: ) but I'd also expect the firebox to be very much cooler than a typical modern stove, so you probably get a lot of creosote, etc. Also, depending on how they made the base, I could see it being a real bear to get the ash out - potentially lots of crevices around each pipe.

I don't know how they could make it EPA compliant with that design. Perhaps if they did a convoluted smoke path with a cat and 2ndary air injection along the top? But that would put a dent in the firebox capacity, and I still don't know if you'd get enough heat from the flames to keep the cat lit off.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.