Volunteer Wood Brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mvn138

Oct 12, 2015
Massachusetts
Primarily a lurker here but wanted to see if any one else has tried Volunteer Wood Bricks yet, http://volwoodbricks.com/. Our only source of heat is a Castine on our "new" old house which we moved into last Summer. Last winter we used Envi 8's to supplement our "seasoned" wood, especially during the colder months and they worked well even though I have nothing else to compare it against. This year the plan was to purchase 3 tons of the Envi 8's to help with getting two years seasoned wood (not enough room for the three year plan), but our supplier ran short. They instead recommended these Volunteer Wood Bricks instead, nearly identical in size and they do not appear to ash up like the Envi 8's on the few times I have tested them this season.

Matt

Haven't heard of them but you are doing the right thing by testing them first in small batches. If you like them then order in larger quantity.

Yeah, they do appear to perform better than the Envi's. I did ask about there performance to our local supplier and they said they use all there products in the office to test and recommended them as an alternate to the Envi 8.

Yeah, they do appear to perform better than the Envi's. I did ask about there performance to our local supplier and they said they use all there products in the office to test and recommended them as an alternate to the Envi 8.
I've tried bio-bricks,hot bricks,evi-blocks and the best of all of these are the canawick bricks.You can get them from northern fence Rt1 Saugus,Ma.

Status
Not open for further replies.