VT Casting umbrella widens

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I'm a newbie and you're scarin me
I'm thinking of buying a Dutchwest 2461 in the near future
Not sure what the deal is with who manufactures them
I know VC did in the past but they seem to have the "Majestic" name on them now
Do all the "not so nice" things people are saying about VC apply to this stove?

Dave
No. It is a totally different design that VC bought many, many years ago. It's a workhorse for the money!

Glad I didn't read this forum before I pulled the trigger on my medium sized insert that fits my needs perfectly and looks exceptionally well..... Also glad I didn't buy the poor quality items that they must have sold in the past..... BUT, they must be doing something right......
Your stove is a totally different design from the ones that have been so problematic. Since they have very few stoves that don't share the same rear combustion system, I would suspect they bought this design from some other company. Like they did Dutchwest. It's pretty common for an established company to buy up little companies that are struggling. If you see a manufacturer offering a stove that's totally different in design than their other stoves, good chance it was an "acquired" design.

ok, I'm a newbie and you're scarin me
I'm thinking of buying a Dutchwest 2461 in the near future
Not sure what the deal is with who manufactures them
I know VC did in the past but they seem to have the "Majestic" name on them now
Do all the "not so nice" things people are saying about VC apply to this stove?

Dave
The 2461 has little in the way of fragile ceramics and what it did have was protected by cast iron.. I suggest you see one in person then you will know..

Status
Not open for further replies.