waiting for my Equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

affenpinschermom

Mar 2, 2008
southern Ky
I posted this in the wrong place to begin with. I put a down payment on an Equinox in late March and was told that there would be a 6 to 8 wk wait, but at this date our stove has still not come into the stove shop. Is this wait normal? I am beginning to get worried we won’t get it by heating season. I’m sure it will be worth the wait once we get it, but .............

I am waiting for one . I ordered mine july 12 they tell me i should get it in sept .I hope it comes in .I think march is a long time to wait.

And I am waiting to hear how this big puppy burns. Please keep us posted and don't forget the pictures.

Thanks for the replies. I was really getting worried. We are building a home and want to get it moved in before we put the door casings on. I'll be sure and give a report after using it for awhile. This is our first soapstone and we are a little afraid it is going to be more bang than we need. We have 2000 sq. ft. on the main floor, 500 in the loft, but almost all vaulted ceiling, so we thought it might take this monster to heat our home. We are in southern Ky., though and are afraid we might get more burn than we need. Time will tell and you guys will be the first to know.

Well, I have to agree that is a big beastie for a new home with good sealing and insulation. In your climate I would think the Mansfield would heat the place very easily. Add some ceiling fans, blowing in reverse (upward) in the winter. Otherwise the loft will get pretty toasty warm.

The next Equinox arrival will be September 22. Oh wait...yer talkin' about a stove...nevermind. Rick

I can't even get the company to answer their phones most of the time. The few times we have actually gotten them on the phone I feel like we are getting the run around. However, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that sales are up and Hearthstone is behind on their orders, but surely an order in March should have resulted in a stove in our great room by now.

Time for specifics. Ask "by when will we have our stove". Ask if you got a Mansfield, would it be quicker?

I'll ask if we can ever get a hold of them. I must have tried 20 times yesterday, no exaggeration. With the size of our home and the fact that it has high vaulted ceilings through out, would the Mansfield be able to heat it? We were concerned it wouldn't.

I think all of the Hearthstone stoves are on backorder. I was going to order a Heritage or Homestead and my local dealer said it should be in stock late Sept. to mid Oct. With my luck, it would come in sometime in February! So I looked at the Woodstock Fireview and decided that was the stove for me. It should be here next week. :)

affenpinschermom said:
I'll ask if we can ever get a hold of them. I must have tried 20 times yesterday, no exaggeration. With the size of our home and the fact that it has high vaulted ceilings through out, would the Mansfield be able to heat it? We were concerned it wouldn't.

Sorry to hear that they are so hard to contact. Yes, I think in your climate that you would be fine with a Mansfield. We have folks here using that stove to heat larger homes in VT and in the CO mountains, vaulted ceiling included. The big issue with the vaulted ceilings will be heat accumulating up there. The best solution is ceiling fans. If they are run in reverse (blowing upward) you will create good, draft free circulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.