Waiting for my Harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I favor Harman since I own one. Yes, there are things they could do better, but remember when you think about the number of posts on Harman...there are probably more Harman stoves out there in use than any other brand. I believe I saw a basic survey taken on this forum a short time ago that indicated they were the leading stove purchased.

how many posts like the following would you expect:

fyi everyone: my stove is working fine. that is all.

:)

Good point. If Harman has the largest percentage of the market share, it stands to reason that we'll hear from more people who have trouble - even if statistically the stoves are better than most.

Then according to that poll, the most posts should be:

1. Harman
2. QuadraFire
3. Other

and I would guess that posts that indicate problems would be about the same

Hey macman,

I took the first two brands you listed and conducted a 100% totally unofficial survey LOL (searched forum for the word Harman, then Quad) and came up with the following results:

Harman = 591 results
Quad = 670 results

Derive from this what they may Hmmmm!

Now if you had owned a Englander LOL.

Still waiting for my Harman XXV, with all the talk of pellet stove owners needing pellets I'm sitting with with 4 tons of pellets and no stove. Are there many still waiting for their stoves ? Are the delivery dates still being kept ?

PDawg said:
Still waiting for my Harman XXV, with all the talk of pellet stove owners needing pellets I'm sitting with with 4 tons of pellets and no stove. Are there many still waiting for their stoves ? Are the delivery dates still being kept ?
Just put a post up, PDawg, My P-68 is in. Ordered in July, scheduled for the end of this month for delivery. Actually came in early. Good luck to you, hopefully this means yours is coming as well.

PDawg said:
Been waiting since 24 June for P68, dealer says maybe March/April 09, I think they are only doing deliveries in the USA.

codebum said:
Hey macman,

I took the first two brands you listed and conducted a 100% totally unofficial survey LOL (searched forum for the word Harman, then Quad) and came up with the following results:

Harman = 591 results
Quad = 670 results

Derive from this what they may Hmmmm!

Maybe the Quad people are more honest......(I KNEW Those Harman people were lying scoundrels!!) :lol:

Now Avalon & Lopi people....I've heard they're saints :)

Status
Not open for further replies.