waiting for the VC Montpelier Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molerc

Dec 2, 2008
tug hill ny
Has anyone out there experienced waiting 4 months for their VC Montpelier insert? We ordered at the end of July and were told first that we would receive the woodstove in August, then Oct, then Nov, then Dec 1st. Still no stove. The wood stove store we ordered it from said in Nov that VC was "manufacturing the stoves at that very moment". Now he says certain dealers are getting the stove at a "first come, first serve" basis. If there are other people out there who are having this problem or if you received your stove quickly, I'd like to know-especially if you are central NYS. I'm ready to find another company to deal with.
Thanks!
molerc

Hi molerc,
we had about a 5 week wait, I think we got lucky because we had to hold off on ordering right away.
we had some previous work done to our chimney in August so we had a good
in road with our installer who also had access to the Montpelier.
From your post sounds like your dealer is just incompetent
We used ACECHIMNEY 410-392-4596 northern MD
I beleive they are the "best act in town"

Status
Not open for further replies.