Waiting out the storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
Once again the NE is getting clobbered. So far I have 19" on the ground and its still coming down like crazy. This is in central CT. Brought in a full load out of wood last night, picked up another 10 gallons of gas for the generator, 3 boxes of hot chocolate for the wife and a six pack of chocolate stout for me.
Working from home was a no brainer, my boss called and said don't bother even he couldn't get out of his own driveway. (he lives down the street)
I've got a decked out 4x4 with chains but I figure if its bad enough to need chains I don't want to be out in it in the first place. Works not that important and no one else made it in anyway.

Went out and sat in the hot tub for a bit last night. We all looked like those snow monkeys in Japan, up to our necks in hot water and snow covering our hair.
That squarish thing is the hot tub buried under 20" of snow.

So open a beer, hunker down and enjoy!!!

Attachments

• Jan 2011 snow.jpg
    Jan 2011 snow.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 219
Nice, snowing like hell here in conway nh.not that brave to go out to the hot tub. will have to venture to the barn later to feed the critters.

Looks like a lot of weight on your roof. :grrr: Enjoy the storm !

Clear and still here in southern Vermont!!! I mean clear up to my a$$ and still snowing!!

So far this winter we are having deja vu to last winter...most of the snow is heading either north or south of us. I do love a big storm though and enjoy watching it fall from the comfort of my rocker with some tunes playing in the backgound....altough a hot tub sounds great :)
The part about big storms that I don't care for is the digging out!

Status
Not open for further replies.