Waiting patiently for Husky 562xp autotune!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sconnie Burner

Feeling the Heat
Aug 23, 2014
Western Wi
Ordered one Tuesday night. Fedex says it will be here by Saturday! Got a tree lined up to break it in too! I'm like a kid wating for Santa! With all the rave I had to upgrade the 450 Rancher! I think I will love it! Planning on running a 24" on it for bucking and drop the 450 down to limbing duty.

"Patiently", huh? That's a big fib, I'm sure!

Enjoy your 562XP - it's a nice saw. PLEASE read the manual regarding the warm start procedure. One thing, though, DO NOT push in the decompression valve when you're trying to start it warm or hot. They're a bear to restart if you do that. With the decompression valve left in the "out" position, though, mine usually starts back up in 1 pull when I'm starting it warm or hot. The manual is not clear on this, leading to frustration.

With the 24" bar, turn the oiler all the way up (it's a 3 position screw - light/normal/heavy oil output). Even with my 20" bar, oil output is marginal. My 395XP pumps out the oil much better than the 562XP.

It's a beast. I love it. I came from a stihl farm boss. I took side by side video, and it cuts twice as fast, with less effort. Both had non-safety chains. As far as the decompression valve, most of the time I don't even use it. I don't feel that it makes that big of a difference, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.