Wakins Glen Area??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2012
Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
Any one from the Watkins Glen, New York area???
We escaped the 103 degree temps of Northern Kentucky by spending 2 weeks bicycling in the Watkins Glen area of New York State.
During one 75 mile ride, maybe 15 miles from the marina in Watkins Glen, ride I began spotting some beautiful stacks of hard wood being readied for the coming winter. Most looked as though they had been precision laser cut to with in .5 mm, then stacked using a plumb line or transit or maybe GPS. I’ve never seen such beautiful stacks; and not from just one person either. I guess living in the Snow Belt you get real good at your “wood work.” And me out there with no camera!
Beautiful work who ever you may be:)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
;lol Not here weatherguy or we'd have put him to work finishing the stacking.

Ralph that sounds like a great place. What kind of bike do you ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.