Walkin tubs for eldely

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
My inlaws moved into my rental home and I was wondering if anyone has experience with those walkin tubs. I've not talked to them about it yet as i wanted to get some feedback first before I even bring it it up. They both have pacemakers and I'm not sure if a bath could over heat them? I'm not being funny here, I just don't want something that could harm them. They're both getting where getting into the tub/shower is harder for them. Those tubs are very expensive, but, once in while I see them on Craigslist where someone has taken the tub out. bjr23

Don't have one and never used one. When we looked at them I became concerned about sitting in the tub waiting for it to fill or empty. A bit chilly when wet I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.