Walking on carport roof

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aranyic

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2015
Ohio
I've got a cinder block building with a carport/lean-to off one side. Part of it is tradition garage style with shingles and part of it is a carport type roof?

I finally got around to doing some patching and work on the traditional part. Now I need to get the other part cleaned up. My question is will the structure support me? Seems to be aluminum about 24 inch wide pieces and just interlock and overlap. No other bracing I can see. I'm debating cutting some plywood into 24" pieces and using them to move around on and distribute the weight? f2c9e2ec575f47893badf4e982ed420d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Throw a couple sheets of plywood down and tread lightly. Or better yet stand on other roof or a ladder and just use a pressure washer. No need to even step on it then!

Just to share I did get up there at take care of everything last week. I ended up taking 3 2x4's and laying them perpendicular to the seams on the roof plus a couple to walk from the edge. Then I ripped a sheet of plywood in half and laid it across my 2x4's giving me a 2x8 sheet to move around on up and down the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.