Wall Heat Shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SD Golden

Aug 1, 2018
South Dakota
Planning through the install on my Sirocco 30 with the wife and we've hit a disagreement on building the hearth and the heat shield for the wall. For the time being I'd like to use sheet metal spaced 1" off the wall so we can burn the stove until we decide exactly how to finish our hearth. How thick of steel do I need to use for the heat shield?

Planning through the install on my Sirocco 30 with the wife and we've hit a disagreement on building the hearth and the heat shield for the wall. For the time being I'd like to use sheet metal spaced 1" off the wall so we can burn the stove until we decide exactly how to finish our hearth. How thick of steel do I need to use for the heat shield?
What are you hoping to accomplish with the heat sheilds? The clearances are all really close already.

Maybe you don't need anything until deciding what to put on the wall behind it.