Wall Mounted Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mik_kane

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2012
NEPA Poconos
I saw this pellet stove at Tractor Supply. First time I ever seen this.

WMPS3.jpg wmps1.jpg

Last edited:
ive also seen ones that go in a window like a a/c unit haha, that would be good i imagine if you were already were heating with pellets, and you had a back bedroom that didn't get the heat..

We have a direct vent propane heater at our weekend place in Vermont that looks very similar to that. Interesting to apply the same concept to pellets. Looks like it would be good for smaller spaces or areas that aren't used frequently.

ive also seen ones that go in a window like a a/c unit haha, that would be good i imagine if you were already were heating with pellets, and you had a back bedroom that didn't get the heat..

Pellet stoves in bedrooms are a big no no.

So, little hopper, little ash pan, and that circuitous heat exchanger can't be easy to clean. I think this is just a new form factor of that terrible USSC window stove.

Well you would cringe in my house! The pellet stove is in the living room but my house is cathedral and the master bedroom is a loft style that's open to the living room down stairs... So technically my stove is in the bedroom...kinda lol

Reactions: jdinny
This is the window unit repackaged as a wall mount. A better setup as it was taking a beating as a window unit. Cleaning this would be a pain. All those small heat Chambers would eventually clog. Might get clean by the air blower method.

So is sleeping with a bedroom door open. Yet everyone with a stove has to do it otherwise they will freeze.

I can't see one because the price of admission is not much less than a full sized unit. Might work for a condo or apartment where space is a factor.

After watching the video, I'd say the hot setup for cleaning is a leaf blower sucking on the vent pipe. Looks to be a PITA to attempt to clean the HX from inside....

Have to look at one for the bedroom.;lol

After watching the video, I'd say the hot setup for cleaning is a leaf blower sucking on the vent pipe. Looks to be a PITA to attempt to clean the HX from inside....

Have to look at one for the bedroom.;lol
yah i just watched the video and though..Holy mother of god, LBT all the way...cuz it'd be the ONLY Way! Thats pretty neat though. might be an option for another part of my home! Lets see how they turn out though.

So is sleeping with a bedroom door open. Yet everyone with a stove has to do it otherwise they will freeze.
Some codes allow installation in a bedroom the size of the room and it has to be open to the rest of the house "no bedroom door"

Well you would cringe in my house! The pellet stove is in the living room but my house is cathedral and the master bedroom is a loft style that's open to the living room down stairs... So technically my stove is in the bedroom...kinda lol

Same here

Some codes allow installation in a bedroom the size of the room and it has to be open to the rest of the house "no bedroom door"
As the English teacher told Johnny after he messed up at the spelling bee "There's no F in way!"

Reactions: Skier76
In most almost all cases your correct but not all.

Yep happy thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.