Wall protection/clearance query...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcano

Nov 11, 2008
Upstate NY
Hey guys. I'm about to install a small Trolla woodstove in my kitchen. It'll be sitting on
the existing slate floor (maye up on an additional piece of stone). I plan to send the pipe straight up, through the ceiling. The
wall behind the stove is wood wainscoting and drywall above. I would like to
protect the wall with something inexpensive but decent to look at, and have it reflect heat back in
the room. I was thinking of putting a sheet of corrugated galvanized roofing steel (or flat sheet) with maybe a sheet of durock
behind it, with an inch or so of airspace between this sandwich and the wall. Does this sound
safe and will it reflect heat back into the room? Also, how close do you think I can put the stove to this
configuration?
Thanks a million.

If you put an inch air space behind your durock and steel you can reduce your clearance down to 12in if your unit already has clearances listed for less then 12" then you cant reduce your clearances anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.