wall stat on a 10 cpm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
Had this working but the feed rate and blower stayed on 1 and 1 the whole time. Took a while to get to the set temp. Now my question. Do i have to manually set the rates? I was assuming the stove would auto set those to max to get to the set temp. Exactly how should this work?

no, you choose the rates ahead of time , the unit will do one of two things depending on how the board was set up

1. it will drive temps n the room to the setpoint and shut down and wait til the stat turns it bacvk on,

2. it will drop to heat range 1 and idle until the stat tells it to revert back to the setting selected on the board of the stove

set the stove to a mid range , like 5-5 and let it go on the stat , if it shuts down when temps are satisfied on the stat you are set to on/off if the stove continues to feed and ildes on low , you are set for high/low
the stat cannot change the settings on the board, y9ou do that yourself. the stpve will run in the manner mentioned above at the settings you select on the board , if its doing one and you want the other , set it to the other config. PM me if you need help on that

Status
Not open for further replies.