wall thimble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack1888

Jul 21, 2008
southern NH
Question installing wall thimble do you need to frame in around thimble or simply attach thimble to drywall on interior wall and on exterior wall ?

I believe with some pipe you are supposed to frame it in. I used excel pipe though and it didnt say frame it in.Not sure with what pipe you have though

Mine is not framed in there really was no need to frame it in and there was nothing internal on the thimble to frame it to, the outside section attched to the siding and the inside is attached to the drywall with wall anchors, The inside does not support the pipe at all so no need to frame it for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.