1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Walnut Log Value

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by suematteva, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
    Was asked to clear trees on lot for a house that someone is building. Beautiful trees on the lot. On the parts to be cleared for house and right of way for driveway are a few nice walnut trees.. Very straight and healthy. Any idea on the value of a 12-15 inch log for 8-10 feet. Have called two guys with mobile mills one on vacation other on the Harley..Thought would ask here. Thanks Matt

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Where are you located, Vintage? If you give me a zip code, I will try to find a few sawmills in your area who might be able to help out.

Portable sawmill guys might not have enough experience to give you a good idea of their worth. A regular sawmill would. Of course ultimately, they're worth whatever somebody is will to pay.
  3. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
    Eric, Thanks. sent you a pm and email..I am in Rutland 05701. Logs are in Quebec..rough figure would be great...Will not bring them across the border...I do not even want to cut them. Even suggested moving the right of way and house...no dice..thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.