1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Walnut & Pine

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by FireBones, Feb 17, 2013.

1. FireBones

FireBones Member

Loc:
    Norfolk County Ontario
    Went back out today and dragged a nice cherry out of the gully
    [​IMG]
    Only bummer was it was covered in dirt pretty bad because I had to drag it through a sand pile from a recent underground irrigation job....Dohh! Slapped on a dirty old chain and made short work of it.
    [​IMG]
    Not a bad haul for a nice sunny day, just loaded up the rounds and took them to my splitting area because the spring thaw is going to shut me down for a little bit....
    [​IMG]
    Happy Friday guys!! Everybody have a safe and productive weekend

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ArsenalDon

ArsenalDon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    I love my brown, rainbow and brook trout fishing in the streams up here....but I think about my Lake of the Woods experience all the time and would love to go back...Walleye, Pike and then catching my Muskie on the opening day of Muskie season....
  3. FireBones

FireBones Member

Loc:
    Norfolk County Ontario
    Was out for a coffee tour with the wife this morning, decided to cruise past the father in laws farm. Well if the county wasn't there felling some huge dead standing maple and oak I believe, right along the road. I pulled in and talked to this friendly bunch of guys, told them to leave the big stuff for me:). An independent scavenger took an entire tree away yesterday before I knew they were coming, and pulled back in today for the rest but I had to set them straight. Anyway heres a couple pics of what I think may be red oak? Smells like it! It's so dry already, I'm pretty pumped about that!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had time for 2 truck loads today, going back for more tomorrow. Also caught my neighbor stealing the rounds I didn't get a chance to split and load! I went for a visit tonight to let him see and hear my disappointment. More on that story tomorrow...