wanna see some numbers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Dec 11, 2005
nw burbs of Chi
Brought home some tools from work today....

first pic is a reading of my magnet thermometer
second is a reading of the fire through the glass

third is the air temp and relative humidity right infront of the blower, it was still climbing, but i couldnt home my hand there anymore

Attachments

• fire temp.jpg
    fire temp.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 674
  • thermo temp.jpg
    thermo temp.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 644
  • air temp.jpg
    air temp.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 652
now for the moisture contents:

first is some white oak slabwood that is about 4 months old

second is scrap sleepers (oak)

third is old hardwood flooring scraps

Attachments

• slabwood.jpg
    slabwood.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 591
  • sleepers.jpg
    sleepers.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 621
  • flooring.jpg
    flooring.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 599
yes, we use em for wood flooring, I had to run up to the shop, so I snagged em for the day :)

I have problems getting an accurate reading on the glass with my IR therm. It must reflect off the glass, because I get real low readings.

You wont get a reading off glass. Those only work on opaque surfaces with a low gloss. If you have a reflective surface it changes the emissivity. Some meters you can change the emissivity setting of the unit to make it work accurate on different materials. I got all this from the manual in the one I have at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.