1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Want A $17,000 Lawn Mower?

Post in 'The Gear' started by BrotherBart, Apr 26, 2013.

1. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Been known to change directions. ;)

Click to enlarge

2012-04-01_13-12-55_317.jpg
    mikefrommaine likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

When mowing areas for a golf course, our instructions for mowing greens, tees, or fairways always include a direction to mow. Straight up, Side to side, left to right (diag), right to left (diag), or Black and White. B&W is start in the middle and work your way outwards, produces light and dark halves. We always cycle thru each direction to prevent tire marks and perma-striping areas. B&W only gets used occasionally however.

I frequently will "double-cut" the back yard on the diagonals to produce that outfield look. ;)

Oh yeah, BB, we just inked the new lease on a rough mower. Roughly $50K, give or take. :p

[​IMG]
  3. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    While I'm sure the zero turn machines are fast and effective, they just don't look as cool as a tractor does to me. Guys on zero turns look like they are on giant motorized wheelchairs to me.
    DexterDay likes this.
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Get me on a ZTR and I will make a tractor look silly. They are brutally efficient mowers, but yeah, they don't look as cool in parades. ;) ;lol
    Jags and DexterDay like this.
  5. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    I'd rather look not as cool on a ZTR and have 2-3 hours of my life back.
  6. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    As we get older, looking cool gets less and less important.
    mikefrommaine, TreePointer and Jags like this.
  7. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    17k? I dunno if that's quite the rolls Royce of mowers, but it is nice. Grandpa spent more on his 1435 and that was like 2003 or so, even it was only "ok". My Dad's is older nowadays, but was super nice when he first bought it. It has the center and two side decks and they are all hydraulic powered blades, which I always felt was kinda fancy. I can't even remember what brand it is, but it's green and not John Deere.
  8. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    guy down the street from me has an enormous lawn...he mows it with a herd of alpacas.
  9. jotul8e2

jotul8e2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ozarks
    I wonder what kind of trade they'd give me for my 1970 John Deere 140?
  10. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Next best thing to a goat.
  11. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Depending on the hydraulic setup (H1, H2, or H3 - How many levers on the left side?), attachments, and condition you could do very well selling it outright. 140's are hot collector's items.