Want a St. Croix Hastings? Wait until November

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenlmas

Jun 22, 2008
Medway, MA
After several weeks of hemming and hawing and researching I finally ordered a St. Croix Hastings from Royal Fireside in Mendon, MA. They're reporting a five-month wait (until November) before delivery. Guess I better order some pellets, soon, too, or I'll have a $3000 paperweight (but it'll be a damn good paperweight...). Is anyone else seeing similar lead times on stoves.

Best,
Steve

Ordered a St. Croix Revolution 3 weeks ago from Pellet King in N.H., arrived in Bangor 3 days later

I purchased a St. Croix York insert from Fireplace Showcase in Seekonk the last weekend of May, and it was installed 6/27. They were running a special on a few St. Croix stoves (including the Hastings, I believe) - $3200 for the insert, installation materials, labor, and an ash vacuum. My guess is that they're not running that special anymore, but I know they had them in stock at the time we purchased.

I walked into my dealer in June, and luckily they had unpacked a hastings for a customer, who had just come in and cancelled due to a death in the family. So he sold it to me for $2300. Got the stove and all my materials for under 3k. Definately a great deal, but yeah, from what he said, seemed like that was the last hastings they would have for a while.

Just ordered mine from the same store yesterday - told me the same thing. Found pellets out of a place in Uxbridge and having them delivered in two weeks.

-Joe

Unless you plan to start it up this summer, the wait should not be a problem.

It may get a little chilly in November and you may have to use an alternate source for heat, but this (in theory) should be for a limited time only.

I keep telling myself that, but I tend to believe it more and more as the days pass. I guess it helps I have pellets, just waitng for the stove (end of September I am told).

Status
Not open for further replies.