Want info about where you live, I'm moving!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Richmond, VA. I like it, but I think you would be trading your snow for the humidity here in the Summer. It can be brutal. But there are tradeoffs for everything. Both the Blue Ridge "mountains" and the Atlantic Ocean are 2 hours from my doorstep. The temperate climate means that we have long Autumn and Spring seasons, and also means that I can get outside almost any time of the year and do wood processing/gardening/yardwork. Lots of dealerships here as it's a good sized city. If you were to look at VA, I would suggest either Charlottesville or Roanoke. They are both more rural, closer to the mountains, and would be a little cooler. Charlottesville has the University of Virginia, a well thought of school and is a very quaint town. Might be some good opportunites for your wife there. Property prices are very high there, but it is surrounded by horse country and farmland, and is at the foothills of the "mountains", so is not as hot as it is here in the Summers.

Roanoke is a fairly big city too, probably a little more of a rural feel around there, no big Universities right there except for Virginia Tech, which is up in Blacksburg, a little ways away.

Status
Not open for further replies.