Want to sell a stove not sure what is a good asking price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
I have a spare stove setting in the garage I would like to sell but not sure what is a fair and honest price. It is A kozi KSH 120 It is a 2007 I purchased in 2008 brand new. It ran two seasons so it had approx 6 tons run though it. It is a great stove just a deal came along on a lopi leyden and the wife wanted nice looking stove in our home. I was going to put it in the basement unfinished and just storage, to help take the chill out of there but no easy way to get it in there. So I was going to sell it with the wall thimble and pipe no heath pad thats in use. it has manual high low and automatic 120 lbs hopper 10k to 40k output. I paid 1799.00 for it so is 1000.00 to 1200.00 sound reasonable? it wont be to fall since thats when i can get top dollar.
Chris

1000 sounds reasonable

I see new ones going for $1400, so my thought would be to start at $999, and be willing to drop it a little if an offer comes along.

Just my 2 cents.

Hello

Yes, $999.00 would be good if it was nice and clean with some nice fresh stove polish on it. :)

Attachments

• KoziPelletStove.jpg
    KoziPelletStove.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 395
  • StovePaint&PolishFixSC.jpg
    StovePaint&PolishFixSC.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 357
A fresh coat of paint, a good cleaning, make it look new and ask for $1000 to $1200.

I normally suggest selling a newer used stove for about 1/2 of what you can get one for new. You'll certainly be able to get more for it if you wait until the fall to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.