want to swap out my old(35yrs) yukon husky for a modern wood burning furnace. WHICH ONE?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TALKED TO THE OWNER OF THE KUUMA FACTORY ABOUT HIS UNITS. SOUNDED GOOD TO ME. ALSO HAVE READ THE POSTS ON THE CADDY. ALSO LOOKS GOOD. AM STUMPED! ARE THERE OTHERS I SHOULD CONSIDER? BACKGROUND: LOG CABIN IN N. KY. NOT VERY WELL INSULATED,BUT NOT TERRIBLE EITHER. ABOUT 1200 SQ. FT. ON THE MAIN LEVEL WITH A LOFT ABOVE-TOTAL ABOUT 18 FT. CEILING. FULL BASEMENT(UNFIN) BELOW.THE YUKON IS IN THE BASEMENT. LEAKY,BURNS A LOT OF WOOD AND AS A RESULT IS NOT VERY EFFICIENT. TIME FOR AN UPDATED UNIT. WOOD: HAVE MANY CORDS OF PRIME HARDWOOD-ASH,WH. AND RED OAK,HICKORY-NO JUNK. STUFF I BURN IS MIN OF 2 YRS. C/S/S/ AND OUT OF THE WEATHER. NOTHING IS BURNED OVER 18%. WANT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE EASILY ADAPTED TO EXISTING DUCTWORK. ANY IDEAS?

just fired my new caddy up a week ago and couldn't be happier kuuma and caddy were the cream of the crop when i was researching i went with the caddy with blower because i got it for 2200 so less then half price and their is a dealer by me but the kuuma does sounds like a awesome furnace

Status
Not open for further replies.