wanted gasification boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea I only used oil for two year when we first moved in. Then I put a woodstove in. A heating contractor could do a test couldnt they. Does it have to be cold out to do the test?

Yes and no.

Yes a good heating contractor is able to do a pretty accurate heat loss calculation. There is also software that you can plug in numbers into that will get you pretty close.

No is doesn't have to be cold outside, it is only a calculation based on construction type, window type and size etc. You may be thinking of an IR imaging camera used to "look for heat loss".

TS

Hi,

In case you are still looking for a used boiler, I have an EKO 40 for sale that I bought new in 2008. I have averaged about 3 to 4 cords a year, its in great conditions and includes all the controls, pump and expansion tank. I live in western PA, in Mercer county.

I think im just going to get a new eko 25 the 40 might be a little to much for me. How much do you want for it and why are you selling it. Are they a good system

I was looking to sell it and all the extras for $3000 obo. The stainless steel insulated chimney would also be included. The boiler works great but the underground pipe I purchased to go from the boiler room to the house needed replaced. My choices were:
Replace the pipe with 100 feet of the foam insulated pipe system.
Move the boiler closer to the house which meant building a new boiler room (shed)
Sell the boiler and go back to burning fossil fuel.

What clinched my decision to sell was my new job where I work...it requires more time and more Saturdays and it pays much more so I earmarked some of my raise to buying fuel.

I talked to the wife and said she would rather just get a new one. that seems like a pretty good deal though I don't think you will have any problem selling it. thanks for the offer and good luck.

So I had bought an eko 25 and was wondering what all I need to hook it up. I emailed zenon and not much help there so I guess I will turn to the pros. I am heating a 1400 square foot 2 story cape cod. it has an oil boiler with monoflow system that im going to leave hooked up for backup. I have an electric water heater so no dhm. I will not be putting in storage this year do to cost and space issues. I should be able to do it next year though. so any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.