Wanted: Instruction booklet for two barrel Sotz stove kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcart

Oct 28, 2006
I have a new (meaning never used) two barrel Sotz stove kit and tool set which I may give to some neighbors. What I cannot locate is the instruction booklet that must have come with the kit. Any suggestions on where I might find (a copy of) one?

You must really, really not like your neighbors. I have used those suckers and they are a house fire waiting to happen. The instructions will be the same as for a Vogelzan barrel stove:

http://www.vogelzang.com/Manuals/bk150eMnl.htm

mrcart said:
I have a new (meaning never used) two barrel Sotz stove kit and tool set which I may give to some neighbors....

Since Stoz went deep six years ago a manual will be difficult.

However, the manual from these folks will probably work.

http://www.vogelzang.com/barrel_stoves.htm

And, fwiw, here are some satisfied Stoz users.

http://consumerdemocracy.com/phelp/cd4/showPosRev2B.aspx?pageId=215113&catId=78&category=Woodstoves

And this guy went high tech with his. :coolsmile:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/personal/stove/stove.htm

Let us know how it turns out,

Dave

The dreaded "V" word......stand back - Elk will kill....

Someday, they will come to me and ask to sponsor Hearth.com - that could be funny!

For some reason, none of the outdoor boiler guys have asked about advertising here......hmm, must be because I started ranting about them 10 years ago! Still, I might take their money - getting in bed with the devil might be a good way to pressure them to clean up their act.

Webmaster said:
For some reason, none of the outdoor boiler guys have asked about advertising here......hmm, must be because I started ranting about them 10 years ago! Still, I might take their money - getting in bed with the devil might be a good way to pressure them to clean up their act.
Thats what I'm waiting to see ...........
If the out wood Boiler's clean up ther act or the states and EPA back them into the corner.
Dont think its going to happen on there own but the NE bans are getting there attention already.

I have seen a lot of feedback on them and when the average user of the OWB is knocking out an average of 7-12 + cords of wood its going to get old and have heard of many selling and getting rid of them and going to something else. When you have a heater that is 25% - 50% efficient at best and then burn green wood it it to boot it it make for a lot of log time and trips out back to feed her.

Looking through the posted links , I found this to be cute in front of ones fire place in the front room.

In the off season of summer one could always sit on it and watch old westerns.

"Happy trails ............to you , until ..we meet.. again !"

Attachments

• fireplace.JPG
    fireplace.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 638
Thanks very kindly to Brother Bart and Dave_1 for their pithy responses. Will pass the info and links from both along to the folks who may decide to take the Sotz kit.

Roospike said:
Looking through the posted links , I found this to be cute in front of ones fire place in the front room.

In the off season you can sit on it and star gaze because ones roof has burn off.

I have a double barrel woodstove out in our barn that my dad used to heat one of his homes in the 70's and 80's with. I wouldn't use it, but he said he heated with it for over 10 years. He said they will put off the heat, But I see nothing safe about them.

mrcart said:
Thanks very kindly to Brother Bart and Dave_1 for their pithy responses. Will pass the info and links from both along to the folks who may decide to take the Sotz kit.

pithy responses ?!?

Saaayyy, mrcart, you wouldn’t be Bill O'Reilly incognito out to do someone in that writes for “Slate” now would you? :lol:

Dave

Roospike said:

Roos,

But the question is; would Al qaeda & company ride it in January in Barrow, Alaska? Seems the polar bears cupboards are bear (no pun intended) & they could certainly use a cooked meal that is fresh off the stove, no matter whether it is EPA approved or not.

Right?

Dave

Dave_1 said:
Roospike said:

Roos,

But the question is; would Al qaeda & company ride it in January in Barrow, Alaska? Seems the polar bears cupboards are bear (no pun intended) & they could certainly use a cooked meal that is fresh off the stove, no matter whether it is EPA approved or not.

Right?

Dave
;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.