Wanting to know emission specs for Stack Vista 640

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miskiemoo

Hearth Supporter
Mar 25, 2010
New Zealand
Hi Everyone

We have just purchased a Vista Stack 640 from Trade Me and dont seem to know how to find out what the emission specs are for this. I have looked online and I have found two different sources of information one saying 14g/hr and the other saying 17g/hr. I can't even seem to track who the manufacturers are online. Does anyone out there know?

We are also wondering what is the chance of getting one installed if it just misses the requirements. My partner is dead keen in trying to install it in our existing fireplace but I'm a bit worried that this type is designed to be installed on its own hearth and to have the flue going directly through the roof. Is it easy to install this yourself?

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated !

Nice little stove. It was one of the early stoves certified for clean burning. It's design preceded the PE Vista. You might want to contact thechimneysweep on this one. He may still have a copy of the manual.

To fit the stove, the fireplace would need to have enough height and depth to accommodate it, but it might work. It would help if the stove has a blower and the damper plate should be blocked off. There's not much info here on the Stack Vista except here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Stack_Vista_stoves

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm wondering if it would be compliant in New Zealand within a resdiential zone also. I spoke with a retailer today who told me not to touch it with a bargepole and he said no one would be willing to install it for us as insurance would not pay out if we had a house fire. What do you think?

We don't know about your local code requirements. Ask your local inspector and your insurance company. The retailer may or may not be right, but certainly doesn't have the final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.