Warm enough to attempt clean on RMND Seton clones this w/e?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

It mid Friday and mid 40's here. I am wondering about letting the GW burn down for cleaning. When I reskined B4 the start of the season, I put an ash cleanout at the bottom of the left side panel, and two access covers for cleaning the HX. Welding the bolts on the back side warped the skin enough that I think they'll be a bain to remove. I'm also wondering how low I need to let the fire go so that smoke won't roll out the access panels.

Maybe I should just wait thill the real Januarty thaw - assuming we have one - B4 I clean. I've never cleaned mid season B4. Anyone else going to attempt a clean-out this w/e?

Jimbo

I think this will be our mid winter thaw. Suppost to get cold again in a couple days. I would clean now while it's warm. I just cleaned the ashes out of my wood burner and am currently filling the boiler and storage for the first
time.

This post must be a joke - early April Fool's Day. We hit our high of +8 early this morning, and the temp is now falling to below 0. Got nine inches of snow yesterday and last night, blowing snow today; another 4-8" tonight, 30 MPH winds tomorrow and more snow, then way below 0 for night of Jan 1.

Yah,right - let's clean the boiler. Very funny.

It's currently 56 F here.

Was gonna do mine last week when I was on vacation. It never made it to the top of the list.Have to see what tomorrow brings. If not guess it will be at the end of the season. Who knows with this crazy weather,End of year,no snow,temps in the 40's whats up with this anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.