Warm Weather Setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
More ice,snow and rain could be on the way so what will you be burning?

Zap

Attachments

• map_spectrop17_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
    map_spectrop17_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 358
  • map_spectrop18_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
    map_spectrop18_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 354
I will be burning...ummmm.. wood.

The heap started to show itself again the past few days. Back to burning chunks and uglies.

We are under a blowing snow advisory with a brisk wind and falling temperatures today and tomorrow.

I made the boys fill the wood box with mostly ash this evening. Got a good bed of coals and some nice heat happening.

The temperature is too warm to even light a fire tonigt. I already miss it.

Kill the weather man...30-06 stop that ground hog this year.

We are weeks away from a zero fire day.

Just reloaded and will top up the stove in a couple of hours to get us most of the way through the night.

I just planted the idea again with my lovely bride that ....

"Won't it be nice someday when we can have the upstairs as warm as the downstairs?"

.... When we find the right used insert for the fireplace.

It' been cherry all winter and still have 1/4 cord or so left. I used all our silver maple late autumn last year...hoping the cherry gets us through most of the remaining heating season, would rather not touch the ash and oak this spring as I think it would look great in our soon to be built woodshed.

We're burning very little right now. What about this weekend? 3-6" snow forecast for Sunday and Sunday night. That usually means colder air behind it. Winter is far from being over just yet.

I got the windows open right now!

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.