Warm Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
Another warm week!! Bring it!! Is everyone getting easy heating seasons so far??

yes, I started my gasifier on 11/14/10 and ran through 4/4/11 for last season. Fired this year on 12/10/11 due to mild temps. I have a pellet stove for the shoulder seasons. I figure I've saved a cord already. On the flip side, as a snowmobiler, not happy with the season so far....

Mild temps get me out in the woods cutting more often than I might at this time of year. We have had teens overnight only once so far! I'm sure we'll pay the price for this somehwere along the way to spring, but for now am enjoying it somewhat.

First day that looks like winter is today....it is actually snowing here now. Did get a 0.5" dusting twice so far, nicely the ground was white for Christmas on top of my hill. Clearly less wood usage, been skipping a day every now and then in the Garn! I think I have next years wood in, all split, and in the Spring will have the following year....maybe finally getting ahead a bit!

I like it to get cold so the ground is hard enough (with no snow) to get back into the woods. Most of my cutting I will only go to if the crops are off and it is dry/frozen enough to get back in without cutting ruts. Unfortunately that is also when I get busy going from 24/7 to 28/9! :cheese:

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.