Warmer temps heading my way!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
10 day forecast looking nice. Down to -2 tonight, but then 10 days of low to mid 30's for highs and mid-teens and low 20's for a lot of the lows. Looking forward to just 2 big loads per day, with a small load in between. Not long before we see these temps get more consistent and even warmer - we are getting there folks!! Cheers!

They are coming, though NOAA promises a cold spell for us soon. We'll see. Crocuses are up, so it isn't too far until spring (I hope).

Attachments

• IMG_0571_web.jpg
    IMG_0571_web.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 244
BeGreen said:
They are coming, though NOAA promises a cold spell for us soon. We'll see. Crocuses are up, so it isn't too far until spring (I hope).

Wow - up already?! Definitely a different place than NH! Cheers!

I have seedlings under lights in the basement right now. Hopefully they can go out next month. We have one more day also then things will warm up for us. I'm hoping the worst is over. I spoke today with my boss and my buddy. My boss is out of wood, and my buddies brother has burned 7 cord and he is out. Its been a cold winter.

Well Jacques, looking forward to doing a whole different type of burning soon- put out the lines last weekend and my father is tapping today- we are hoping for our first boil either Monday or Tuesday, but definitely plant to boil next weekend at the latest. Can't wait to see the fires burning in the evaporator fire arch!

LET THE SAP FLOW!

Let the warm air come!!!!! We're ready. Flowers in February????!!!

60's here by Friday, warming up during the week. Maybe the drive way will thaw & melt !!

I haven't seen dirt since Christmas, looking forward to getting to the 1/3 of a cord I have on the back deck, it's been smothered in ice since the first storm :shut:

We were mid-forties today. Lotta wind. I banked the stove around ten o'clock this morning. Starting up again tonight though because of the twenty degree overnight temps. Heatwave coming at least in the daytime next week. Went up and checked the pipe. Looks just like it did a month ago. Round.

BeGreen said:
Crocuses are up, so it isn't too far until spring (I hope).

I won't see those for another 4-8 weeks.

On the plus side, we will have seasonal average temps for consecutive days for the first time since November.

laynes69 said:
I have seedlings under lights in the basement right now. Hopefully they can go out next month. We have one more day also then things will warm up for us. I'm hoping the worst is over. I spoke today with my boss and my buddy. My boss is out of wood, and my buddies brother has burned 7 cord and he is out. Its been a cold winter.

Hopefully the D.E.A is not monitoring this site.

Backwoods Savage said:

Yep, crazy eh? 54F outside today. Small leaves are starting to show on some of the early bushes too. Daffodils on south slopes are just opening up. Fine by me, bring it on.

BeGreen said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Yep, crazy eh? 54F outside today. Small leaves are starting to show on some of the early bushes too. Daffodils on south slopes are just opening up. Fine by me, bring it on.

I can't believe that I moved back to Ohio after living in Seattle for 17 years. UUUGGGHHH....................

NOOOOOOOOO! It's too soon . . . I'm not ready for Spring yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.