Warming the dough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonNeutral

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2009
Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
And yes, I did remove the splits before they caught fire

Attachments

• P1060705.jpg
    P1060705.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 528
Just to help. If they get dry on one side because of the heat throw a damp paper towel over the top of them. Good use of a proofer. I do the same in the winter.

I just set mine in top of the fridge, where it is always warm...but great seeing others making some dough...

I stick mine in the stove room where it's warmer, but with a towel over the top. Once they start rising, watch out!
Mmmm, fresh warm homemade bread. Where's the butter?

Love the fridge idea. This was actually pizza dough, so not enough time for it to dry out.

woodmeister said:
used to put the pizza dough under the covers of the water bed worked great... that was many moons ago.

Certainly unique

What a picture of domestic bliss. I have never successfully mastered bread making. I probably try too hard. And I know I should really master it because all my friends who have say it's simple and it's really easy.

Using a waterbed makes complete sense to me!

I have made bread from scratch on several occasions, but I will admit this is from the bread maker that we use lots (2nd rise for pizza dough is outside of the maker..)

Carbon, my brother lives in Shirley, we grew up in Acton. And I should have added how much I admire your handsome Jotul and the clean, simple, uncomplicated hearth area. It really shows that great looking stove off beautifully. You shouldn't have " 'fessed up" about the bread maker...

CarbonNeutral said:
Love the fridge idea. This was actually pizza dough, so not enough time for it to dry out.

That is usually what I make as I have a great little bakery in town about a mile from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.