Warn Winch 1 Hung Up Cherry 0

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Made a new trail to get to this hung up Cherry, used the warn winch to bring it down. It peeled it off the bark and then came down.
I had to make 1 cut before hooking the winch on. The one cut I made allowed the cherry to swing back against the tree when it did not come down thats when I hooked the winch to it.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0231.jpg
    100_0231.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 100_0232.jpg
    100_0232.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 536
  • 100_0233.jpg
    100_0233.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 531
  • 100_0234.jpg
    100_0234.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 546
Nice! And done safely too! Only thing I would suggest is to get a short length of chain, eye to eye wire rope, sling, even a logging choker to wrap the tree with rather than choking your winch line around it. At least that's what it look like you did. If I saw it wrong, my apologies. I work in a theater, so I am fortunate to have nearly unlimited access to wire rope so I always have short lengths handy. When they get all crimped and bent up, I throw them away and make new ones. You wouldn't want to have to replace the winch line.

Flatbedford said:
Nice! And done safely too! Only thing I would suggest is to get a short length of chain, eye to eye wire rope, sling, even a logging choker to wrap the tree with rather than choking your winch line around it. At least that's what it look like you did. If I saw it wrong, my apologies. I work in a theater, so I am fortunate to have nearly unlimited access to wire rope so I always have short lengths handy. When they get all crimped and bent up, I throw them away and make new ones. You wouldn't want to have to replace the winch line.

Your right, I'll pick one up.

Zap

Whats up with no pics of the winch in action zap?

zapny said:
Flatbedford said:

Your right, I'll pick one up.

Zap

I broke mine not having done that

SolarAndWood said:
Whats up with no pics of the winch in action zap?

My wife was there but I had her keep a eye on the cherry, plus I was inside the Rhino and needed both hands, 1 to operate the winch and the other on the wheel.

Zap

Gotcha. I love the winch. Reduces the number of roads in the woods and you never have to leave them when skidding logs.

Did I read that correctly - Worn Wench 1 Hung Low Cherry O. Thats just wrong on so many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.