Was able to increase electric bill this month!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a big hike in MD recently also; mine went up 39%, Baltimore went up 72%.

We are lucky up here in Ontario, currently paying 5.5cents/kwhr. :p

It still doesn't make up for the fact that just about everything costs more up here, not to mention our hefty taxes. :-/ But heck we'll take whatever we can get :lol:

Hey Gunner, don't forget to add in our delivery charges, debt reduction charges, etc.

The cost per kWh is like only half the bill.

I know, I know just felt like rubbing some salt in the wounds is all.

Gunner said:
We are lucky up here in Ontario, currently paying 5.5cents/kwhr. :p

It still doesn't make up for the fact that just about everything costs more up here, not to mention our hefty taxes. :-/ But heck we'll take whatever we can get :lol:

so what do you pay per KW-hr when you take the total bill and divide it by the KW-hrs consumed?

Good question, I will have to find a bill and see...

Gunner said:
Good question, I will have to find a bill and see...

Thr reason I ask is because although we here in Ohio don't have much electricity generated by cheaper hydro, the actual generation cost is about 4.9 cents/Kw-hr here in the Dayton, Ohio area. Add in all the other fees (transmission cost, tax, etc) and it's about 10 cents/Kw-hr which isn't too bad.....

Harley said:
DiscoInferno said:
Had a big hike in MD recently also; mine went up 39%, Baltimore went up 72%.

WOW!!!! Guess I shouldn't feel that bad now!

Actually, the General Assembly stepped in and cut a deal with BGE to keep the rate hike at 15% for now. This also includes a monthly surcharge of a few bucks for the next ten years for all rate payers. BGE will then increase the rates incrementally. I expext another hike come May of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.