Was at Lowes yesterday...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
And they have the stoves out!

Odd thing is, they were still selling Centurys. If I remembered correctly, Century was being discontinued because it was about the same as Dutchwest. Did they decide not to do this? Was this the remainder of last year's stock?

Still happy with the 50% off deal that they provided many of us last winter.

Matt

They already had the snowthrowers and log splitters out too. Of the three splitters on display, two were sold.

EatenByLimestone said:
And they have the stoves out!

Odd thing is, they were still selling Centurys. If I remembered correctly, Century was being discontinued because it was about the same as Dutchwest. Did they decide not to do this? Was this the remainder of last year's stock?

Still happy with the 50% off deal that they provided many of us last winter.

Matt

Menards is also still selling Century.
Good stove for the price, from personal experience.

Rob

Last I knew CFM was keeping Century around for the big boxes. They discontinued the steel dutchwest line and put the dutchwest logo on Century stoves for specialty dealers while the actual Century brand is for the big boxes.

see my post in 'The Gear' forum regarding the new electric splitter Lowes is carrying. looks pretty nice.

My Lowe's still has the same stove's and last year. Except this year there full price, last year I bought 3 them for 85% OFF. I still have the pellet stove and sold the 2 others on Criags list for double my money.

Mike,
I assume that your Englander and Summer's Heat brands are actually the same product?

stoveguy2esw said:
they may be last years stock , i didnt think they were carrying cfm this season as they are carrying us.

They have your pellet stoves but the wood stoves are CFM and date marked this summer at our Lowes.

Edit: Just checked their on line listings. Cool, they have the 30-NC for $949. And also the 2,000 SF CFM.

Seems real backwards fro me with the log splitters. I would think that they should promote them in the early spring more..

pearsall said:
Mike,
I assume that your Englander and Summer's Heat brands are actually the same product?

yes they are , essentially the only difference is the trim package , lowes gets nickle , HD gets brass, we also have a "timber ridge" brand carried by independant dealers. the stoves themselves are only differing in cosmetics , the hulls are identical

BrotherBart said:
stoveguy2esw said:
they may be last years stock , i didnt think they were carrying cfm this season as they are carrying us.

They have your pellet stoves but the wood stoves are CFM and date marked this summer at our Lowes.

Edit: Just checked their on line listings. Cool, they have the 30-NC for $949. And also the 2,000 SF CFM.

yeah , BB they are stocking the 30, others will likely be SOS orders. but they can get anything we build, as can any of our retailers

EDIT as well, guess they will carry both us and CFM, i didnt know that , guess thats good for the consumers

Status
Not open for further replies.