Was going to be a wood shed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWNH

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
...but turned into an O.P.E. shed. Here's the construction progression:

shed_01.jpg

shed_02.jpg

shed_03.jpg

shed_04.jpg

shed_05.jpg

shed_06.jpg

shed_07.jpg

shed_08.jpg

shed_09.jpg

Since I didn't want it to look like just another shed, I decided to do a apply a bit of "wood" art to the outside:

shed_10.jpg

shed_11.jpg

shed_12.jpg

shed_13.jpg

Here's a video of the doors in operation:

OK. So now where are ya gonna put the wood shed? :lol:

BrotherBart said:
OK. So now where are ya gonna put the wood shed? :lol:

That's already done months ago.

woodshed_1.jpg

It's now filled with 5 1/2 cord of 18-month dried wood.

woodshed_2.jpg

Very,Very nice plus you have way to much wood for a woodshed. :zip:

zap

Very nice. I plan on maybe doing a similar thing next year. What are the angles for the roof truss? I like the overhang idea. Looks good.

Looks Great

I really like the branch tree on the front too. And you'll have any thieves scratching their head trying to figure out how to open the doors. Unfortunately I finally had to give up on a woodshed this year and ended up stacking in my barn.

Billy

SKIN052 said:
Very nice. I plan on maybe doing a similar thing next year. What are the angles for the roof truss? I like the overhang idea. Looks good.

22.5 degrees. Rafters are 2x8, 8' long point to long point on the back and 3' in the front. Platform is 8' deep and 24' wide. Platform to front header beam is about 76", so I can walk in without ducking. Peak is 8'. Platform is PT and rafters are KD. Beams and siding is stuff I've sawn with my sawmill and been sitting around for a few years. Deck, roof sheathing, and doors are 1.125" t&g ply (got a deal on 75 sheets awhile ago and I've used up the last of that lot on this shed). Yea, it's heavy...106lbs per sheet.

Wow very nice the sheds are my favorite on this post and your are really top of the line. Thanks for the pic's.

Peter SWNH said:
SKIN052 said:

22.5 degrees. Rafters are 2x8, 8' long point to long point on the back and 3' in the front. Platform is 8' deep and 24' wide. Platform to front header beam is about 76", so I can walk in without ducking. Peak is 8'. Platform is PT and rafters are KD. Beams and siding is stuff I've sawn with my sawmill and been sitting around for a few years. Deck, roof sheathing, and doors are 1.125" t&g ply (got a deal on 75 sheets awhile ago and I've used up the last of that lot on this shed). Yea, it's heavy...106lbs per sheet.
Thanks for that, book marking this thread now so I can use it in the future. Not that I see anything wrong it is always good to learn from others mistakes. Anything you would do different now that its done?

SKIN052 said:
Peter SWNH said:
SKIN052 said:

Thanks for that, book marking this thread now so I can use it in the future. Not that I see anything wrong it is always good to learn from others mistakes. Anything you would do different now that its done?

Yea....I'd make it bigger. It's already full. Actually, both sheds were designed around the materials I already had laying around (lots of 4x4 and 7x7 rough sawn beams and thick plywood).

cptoneleg said:
Wow very nice the sheds are my favorite on this post and your are really top of the line. Thanks for the pic's.

+1. Wow.
I've got to step up my game.

Very cool shed . . . and I like the artistic touch . . . I'm a bit dense though . . . OPE = ?

firefighterjake said:
Very cool shed . . . and I like the artistic touch . . . I'm a bit dense though . . . OPE = ?

Outdoor Power Equipment

I like the tree!
How did you get the loaded rack off of the truck? ;-)

Very nice. I love in the first picture, the inspectors chair.

Way to nice looking for a shed. You would expect an artist's studio in there when the doors went down. nice doors too!

Peter SWNH said:
firefighterjake said:

Outdoor Power Equipment

Ha ha. I had to google it myself. Some popular ones were:
Out of Pocket Expense
Open Pulmonary Embolectomy (that sounds permanent)
One Person Enterprise
Other People's Experience

I've had to search quite a few of these TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms).
IMO (In My Opinion) I have to say the words before I type the TLA anyway, and I can type as fast as I can put in the acronym, so I normally don't use them.
Ha. My kids are pro's. Can't keep up with them.
But I can turn wood into BTU's! :)

maplewood said:
Peter SWNH said:
firefighterjake said:

Outdoor Power Equipment

Ha ha. I had to google it myself. Some popular ones were:
Out of Pocket Expense
Open Pulmonary Embolectomy (that sounds permanent)
One Person Enterprise
Other People's Experience

I've had to search quite a few of these TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms).
IMO (In My Opinion) I have to say the words before I type the TLA anyway, and I can type as fast as I can put in the acronym, so I normally don't use them.
Ha. My kids are pro's. Can't keep up with them.
But I can turn wood into BTU's! :)

Yes, it can be alphabet soup out there. I picked up the acronym from THIS forum...FWIW ;)

awesome shed! I'll bet you could put quite a bit of wood in there. very nice job! some day I'll have something similar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.