Hi, Well I'm back. I posted before about not liking my F3100. I got some great instruction on running it correctly here. We got some great dry wood that we have been using exclusively, and we are getting $15,000 worth of insulation and sealing work done on our house in the next few weeks. So things were looking up and I was thinking heating the whole house with thing was going to be possible. Last night I had loaded it up good for the night, went about my business (I admit I got a bit distracted and didn't start to shut down the air soon as I would have typically. I have the flu, my 4 year old has the flu, and my husband was out with my 14 year old at his chorus concert so I was home with 4 kids, and 3 dogs and have the flu. It was already past bedtime so I was running around like a crazy person trying to pull bed time together.) So I got it going and before I got to even thinking about shutting the air down it was really roaring and smoke was pouring out of the top seams of the chimney near our ceiling. I smelled it first. I immediately shut the air completely down (at which point incidentally it immediately switched to an awesome 2ndary burn rolling in there.) I told the kids to wait by the front door and I grabbed the fire extinguisher and opened up the attic, there was nothing going on in there. I then went outside to look at the chimney and sure enough there was a ring of burning embers at the cap, and they were shooting/dropping off onto the roof below. So, I called 911. They had us get out of the house, said to call back if anything changed. Before anyone got here the embers at the cap went away and the smoke stopped. So I called them back to let them know that. They came out and checked everything out. They put the fire in the box out. I got scolded for having too much wood in there. The guy clearly did not know about 2ndary burn, said only top logs were burning (because the flames were all at the top) and so the bottom logs were smouldering and that's why it happened. I do not think that was what was going on in there. The stove at that point was 700+ at least at that point, it was not smouldering, and all the gases and bad stuff was burning through the tubes. I wish I'd thought to have him look at the chimney before they put it out to see there was no smoke coming out. I do believe, for whatever reason we must be building creosote at some point and it got pretty hot last night and caught. I suspect with our chimney being so high it's cooling too much at the top before it leaves and collecting up there, and last night it was hot enough that enough heat really went up the pipe with air all open that the heat got up there and it caught. At this point I just feel like I want the darn thing out of my house.