Was hating my F3100, had first stages of a chimney fire last night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We raised 5 kids so I fully understand! I also keep a fire extinguisher in the stove room and one near the kitchen just in case.. Between the fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, CO detectors and Chimfex I sleep fine knowing I have the tools to deal with a small emergency. Burning wood is as safe or dangerous as you allow it to be..

Ray

We've got five too! :) Ages 4-14. I was very glad I knew right where the fire extinguisher was Tuesday and had no trouble getting to it. Even more glad I didn't have to use it! :) I do think we'll be getting a few more though to have them in other areas of the house that are further from the ones we do have. I figure we should I have one in every area branching from the stove that way I'm not crossing the house for one or having to go upstairs or something. It also seems to boil down to as safe or as dangerous as your crook dealer seems to think is ok as we are finding out. It's unbelievable.

Reactions: raybonz
My youngest and last full time kid is 15 years old. My youngest son comes home college for the holidays etc. He spent a year at Syracuse University as a matter of fact and transferred to Northeastern as he didn't like the course structure at Syracuse. His apartment in Boston is 10 minutes or so from work and he has come home with me a few times :)

Ray

I like the poem.. that's a LOT of chimney, it'll have strong draft. As it gets colder it will take less air to get the same temps.

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.