Was Out Kicking Tires Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sante fe

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2011
Poughkeepsie ny
Looking to up grade my sante fe insert for more heat and less noise.to loud on high.

(QUADS)
Went and seen the guy I bought 2stoves from over the years righteous guy.He pointing me towards the mt. Vernon said i won't be disappointed,quite, more heat, less work.I Kinda think simpler is better which is why i dont like it.He had the 1200i there also said the heat on medium would be like the heat I get on high with sante fe similar noise.
(LENNOX)
I stop at a store I'd never been to and the guy showed me a Lennox Winslow and fired it up.I tell you I was surprised no tink tink when the pellets were feeding like the quad makes. It put out some nice heat, noise was reasonable low.Dont know much about the manufactor,seemed ok build.
(HARMAN)
The guy also sells the m55 but didn't have the insert on the floor.The Harman insert was nice. Look and felt well built.He favors the Harman over the m55 but said he would get me what ever I wanted.seems like the Harman is a real nice insert.
Oh we'll that's it for now.guess I will go soak the foot.

I am also a big fan of simpler is better. That's is the only reason I would not buy a Harman. Even though they are a great stove. That being said all the stoves on your list are very well received and I don't think you can make a bad choice there.

If I were to upgrade I would get the CB 1200.. a lot of bang for the buck..

Looking to up grade my sante fe insert for more heat and less noise.to loud on high.

(QUADS)
Went and seen the guy I bought 2stoves from over the years righteous guy.He pointing me towards the mt. Vernon said i won't be disappointed,quite, more heat, less work.I Kinda think simpler is better which is why i dont like it.He had the 1200i there also said the heat on medium would be like the heat I get on high with sante fe similar noise.
(LENNOX)
I stop at a store I'd never been to and the guy showed me a Lennox Winslow and fired it up.I tell you I was surprised no tink tink when the pellets were feeding like the quad makes. It put out some nice heat, noise was reasonable low.Dont know much about the manufactor,seemed ok build.
(HARMON)
The guy also sells the m55 but didn't have the insert on the floor.The Harmon insert was nice. Look and felt well built.He favors the Harmon over the m55 but said he would get me what ever I wanted.seems like the Harmon is a real nice insert.

Rule number one....if you can't spell it correctly....you can't own it....hehehe

HHT is a good cup of tea! Hearth N Home Technologies owns Quad, Harman and Danson

(QUADS)
(LENNOX)
(HARMAN)
The guy also sells the m55 but didn't have the insert on the floor.The Harman insert was nice. Look and felt well built.He favors the Harman over the m55 but said he would get me what ever I wanted.seems like the Harman is a real nice insert.

I will go with him again. Wife doesn't like the look of the harman. Leaning towards the 1200i just hope I'm not under sizing again. Sante Fe was bullet proof in 8 years 3jams that I coat hanger out. Never had to replaced anything.

Someday I might be looking, who knows if this Whit will ever die?

HHT is a good cup of tea! Hearth N Home Technologies owns Quad, Harman and Danson
and Heatilator, EcoChoice, Heat and Glow....you keep mentioning Danson (Pelpro and Glowboy) which by all measures should maybe not be mentioned cause it isn't really in the sought after category. Kinda like mentioning Breckwell as a good choice...for anything. all my opinions

Bill wanted to sell me the mt. Vernon too. I think that I want the m-55 cast. Saw one at the fair last night and now I think that will be my new heater. I feel bad though because I worked for Bill many years ago and he is the man. ............. However the man who doesn't sell Enviro.

Schoondog

I like my Enviro Maxx. Great stove, great heat output. Would buy again!!

I went Friday to the fair, I didn't see the m55 there. Who was carrying it?

The guy had a tent over by the grandstand. Rt. 52 Supply was the name. The gentleman there didn't have all the answers for my questions so I will probably go to the shop and nose around. The guy from Grass pellet was also there and seemed to no quite a bit. I told him to check out Hearth.

Schoondog

The grass pellet guy is from millbrook, Interesting, guess it leaves a lot of ash but if they get it figured out could be huge in cost savings. Wow just looked it up that guy is close to me. ( Rt52supply) Guess I have one more tire to kick.I sure would miss doing business with Bill. Been dealing with him going back to early 90s

Yea, Bill is only a few miles from me. I was going to pull the trigger on a Mt Vernon but really like the M-55. Haven't absolutly made up my mind yet though. The old, cheap US stove is still running pretty well. I don't really need to buy a stove and won't unless I can get a deal.
I thought the grass guy was from Ulster County, but I could be wrong. He promotes the mobile compressor that will travel to farmers and make the pellets for farmers to sell. (If I understood him correctly) He was quoting $200 a ton, which I think is a little high considering I just bought Somersets for $218 a ton.

Doggy

Status
Not open for further replies.