Washed Memory Card

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhandler

Minister of Fire
Aug 24, 2008
WV Northern Panhandle
It finally happened. I left the memory card from digital camera in the watch pocket of my jeans and it went thru the washer, but not the dryer. Any thoughts?

Aaron Pasteris said:
I clean circuit boards in water all the time - getting them dry before power up is the key to survival

^^ Rinse it off like he said.
let it dry.
air dry is fine, just let it dry for a good while.

just let it dry, if you're doubtful about it... let it dry for longer.
As long as you can, it won't hurt it to dry longer.

Putting keyboards in the dishwasher is the preferred washing method :eek:
As long as they get dried out before use.
Same with some types of mice, etc...

Water isn't the end of the world for most things... As long as it's not there when you use it. :]
I can't count how many times I've washed my keys with the alarm button on it... Still works great.

Thanks for all the tips, I'll let it sit for a couple days. Luckily, I had already downloaded photos from my backpacking trip this week in the mountains.

If there were any dirty pictures on there they are now clean.

HehHeh . . . this reminded me of the time I leaned over to flush the toilet after I spent some quality time there . . . only to have my Palm Pilot fall out of my pocket and plop into the john . . . and without any hesitation I reached down and retrieved the Palm. It was wet . . . ended up drying it out and it still works . . . oh yeah, I also made sure to wash my hands really, really well.

firefighterjake said:
HehHeh . . . this reminded me of the time I leaned over to flush the toilet after I spent some quality time there . . . only to have my Palm Pilot fall out of my pocket and plop into the john . . . and without any hesitation I reached down and retrieved the Palm. It was wet . . . ended up drying it out and it still works . . . oh yeah, I also made sure to wash my hands really, really well.

I dropped mine that way into the trough urinals at Heinz Field a few years ago during a Steeler game. Oh, by the way, the memory card seems to be fine!

I actually did this with the card for my trail camera-I actually found it in the dryer! I popped it in my laptop and it works just fine-I still use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.