wasn't sure about this one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelingasi

May 1, 2008
palermo ny
picked this splitter up used. uncle and i went halves. i heat with boiler he builds campfires. $600 this the biggest round ive ever put in it and i had my doubts, why do i worry???

Attachments

• split1.jpg
    split1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 371
  • split2.jpg
    split2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 366
Nice! I bet you're glad you went with a vertical splitter. Imagine hoisting up that big boy to the bed of a horizontal splitter. :grrr:

the splitter i used to borrow went hor. or vert., an mtd i think, and that was a must when i started looking. the other thing is that the firebox on my woodgun is 30" deep. alot of splitters only split up to 24" which is what i like to cut my wood at. problem was i found myself trimming an inch or so off of pieces, a major PITA. this one splits up to 30" and the cutting edge is 10". my uncle found it at a local hardware store. it used to be a rental piece. the only label on it says RV800. i wish i knew who made it or what a new one might cost. no clue. its strong as hell and built like a brick shithouse, only complaint is that its a little slow.

feelingasi said:
the splitter i used to borrow went hor. or vert., an mtd i think, and that was a must when i started looking. the other thing is that the firebox on my woodgun is 30" deep. alot of splitters only split up to 24" which is what i like to cut my wood at. problem was i found myself trimming an inch or so off of pieces, a major PITA. this one splits up to 30" and the cutting edge is 10". my uncle found it at a local hardware store. it used to be a rental piece. the only label on it says RV800. i wish i knew who made it or what a new one might cost. no clue. its strong as hell and built like a brick shithouse, only complaint is that its a little slow.

Found this on a quick search.

Zap

RAM Log splitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know if RAM outdoor power equipment is still in business. I need some parts for a splitter i bought a few years ago and was wondering if anyone knew if this company is still operational ? I have a RV800 and works great .. just needs some parts.

This came from the same search about a ram splitter.

I don't know what a Ram is, but most splitters are built with common pumps, hoses, motors, valves, filters, etc. Checkout grainger.com and such for compatible parts. Often their tech guys will be able to direct you.

You can try this also.

http://www.ramsplitter.com/

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.