Wasn't taking any chances this time.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger72

Minister of Fire
Oct 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
Ok, after never having problems with my vac setup, the last time I cleaned, a trace amount of ash made it's way through causing a super secret and hastey mission to clean the floor area around where the vacuum was located before wifey knew what happened. ;lol I have since determined that the cardboard had ripped in the filter bag mount. Why the $30.00 inner filter let anything pass is still a mystery. Anyway I wasn't taking any chances. Gave the stove a cleaning today and without much thought came up with this. I put a larger diameter hose on the exhaust andI wrapped a most Terry rag on the end. Then I put the end in a plastic pale, trapped an old t shirt over the top, then laid a few wet Terry towels on top. I laid an old blanket on top of that, but that was after I took the pic. Worked like a champ even if it was only for peace of mind. :p
IMAG1180.jpg

If the pic is giant, last me know, I'll change it to a thumb nail. It looks ok on my phone. The tape on the exhaust hose and vacuum trank is also for peace of mind. Haha

I was going to do that, but of course the bay window is my only near window and I haven't replaced it yet, really old, it is painted shut and I didn't want to mess with due to it's delicate state. Haha

That pinkish stuff on top of the drop cloth is Rosin paper. Makes clean up easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.