wasser indoor boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grader

Feb 27, 2013
hello all. i have spent the last few weeks reading back through all 300 plus pages in the boiler room forum. great info and some very knowledgable people on here. i am currently using a "thermo200" wood boiler in my garage to heat the garage, dhw, and house. it is rated at 100,000 btu and has worked ok for the past 7 or 8 years, but just barely. i have an opportunity to buy a new "wasser wc200" boiler from a local hardware store. it was in the building when they expanded and is apprx 2 yrs old. have any of you heard of these or have experience with them? i got the basic fact sheet and the unit looks well built, firebrick lined bottom sides, shaker grate for ashes, separate ash pan and door, optional 9kw electric backup and dwh coil, and rated at 200,000 btu. any info will be welcomed, thankyou.

I've never heard of them but as soon as someone says the unit has shaker grates I question the efficiency of the appliance due to past experiences burning wood in a coal burning boiler.

Reactions: guy01
i know its not a gassifier but i will be burning dry wood and using storage for the cleanest burns possible. the store that has it also sells wasser pumps and homesteader outdoor wood boilers(made in manitoba). im thinking this unit is from germany from internet searches, but cant seem to find out much about it.

I've had some experience in the past with units that were built to burn wood and coal. When burning wood they were like a fire out of control. Seems it was impossible to regulate the burn when burning wood. Coal, on the other hand, requires more draft and the appliances are built to provide more air under the fire. The Euorpeans get the credit for teaching us that wood needs to be burned in it's own bed of ashes and not supported by grates.

those are intresting comments fred, there was no discussion with the store about burning coal, but the brochure does say wood or coal. i read of a member here on this forum that put fire bricks down over most of the grates in a boiler he had and it worked better with less wood. suppose i could do the same or experiment with it. i cant see it being an out of control fire as it has all the controls to regulate water temp and intake air. what i like about it is the size of the firebox, at 25 high by 29 depth by 18 width. it should hold enough wood for a overnite burn, something my current boiler cant do with a round firebox 18 diameter by 30. thanks for the info, more to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.